You may need to change the package name for your android application due to various reasons ranging from a small typo to duplicate domain name. Changing the package name saves you the trouble of creating a new project and then copying all the files.
Steps to change the package name of your android project are:
1. Go to the "AndroidManiFest.xml" file.
2. Under the manifest tag you will see the attribute package. This is where your android package name has been written.
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.package_name_to_be_changed.codeasp.packagenamechangeproject" >
The package name here is package_name_to_be_changed.
3. To change the package name, double click on the current package name or select the package name and click the right mouse button(Windows users). Mac user's press the track pad with two fingers.
The option menu pop ups. Hover on Refactor.
4. Click Rename.
5. A new dialog box will open up on the top; here click on Rename package.
6. On clicking the Rename Package, another dialog box will pop up with a field having editable text in it. Change or rename the package name as you desire.
Now click Refactor.
7. After clicking the Refactor button, a the Find window pops up.Here, the android studio shows you all the occurrences or usages of the package name you set previously. You can either cancel it by clicking the Cancel button, or carry on with the change by clicking Do Refactor.
8. Click on Do Refactor. You will see all the occurrences of the previous package name has been changed.
9. Now click on the "app" from your project view.
Press the right click button (Windows users). Mac user's press the track pad with two fingers. (This has to be done on the app folder only).
10. The context menu will open. Select the Open module settings.
11. With the app folder selected, click on Flavours. Notice that under Application id the package name is still the same.
12. Rename that to the changed package name. And click OK.
13. After that you will see a message: Gradle sync in progress.
Your project's package name has been successfully changed.
Packers and Movers Mumbai # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/Packers and Movers Pune # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-pune/
Packers and Movers Delhi # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-delhi/ Packers and Movers Gurgaon # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-gurgaon/
Packers and Movers Hyderabad # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-hyderabad/Packers and Movers Bangalore # http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore/
I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!!!!
This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this.
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.
Thank you, I've been seeking for info about this subject matter for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.
Good post. I learn some thing tougher on distinct blogs everyday. Most commonly it really is stimulating to learn to read content material from other writers and exercise a specific thing there.
We Provide Best Packers And Movers Bangalore List for Get Free Best Quotes, Compare Charges, Save Money And Time, Household Shifting Services @ http://packersmoversbangalore.in/http://packersmoversbangalore.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore-to-hyderabad
Packers and Movers Bangalore list, Cheap Packers Movers Bangalore Charges, Local, Affordable Household Shifting Bangalore, @ http://Packers-and-Movers-Bangalore.in/
If you are looking for dynamically adding different types of "Widgets" into your screen programatically and are also interested in placing them such that many i...
Here you will learn how to save data in the device via your android application using "Shared Preferences" which offers fast retrieval and is easy to program. M...
Toast message is a way to provide some information to the user that stays on the screen for a couple of seconds. Here, we will be working on how to beautify that message ...
Here you will be given an introduction on how to read and write to a file saved in internal storage of your phone.
In this blog post you will be getting a brief knowledge about how to integrate facebook services into your application.
What kind of email newsletter would you prefer to receive from CodeAsp.Net?